Monday, August 29, 2005

red eyes, pink eyes, and the different world


i have been on and off of the phone with my mother, who lives in new orleans, all night. for those worried/wondering, she left for baton rouge on saturday. she is humbled and grateful to be gone but sends (and asks that i/we all send) prayers for those in new orleans who, for whatever reason, couldn't make it out. so, if you are reading this, take a moment with me... right now... and while you're at it, pray for the world, for the days...

i am also adding to my prayers one for blogger "jameri" who was headed to jamaica with her fiance this last saturday to be married. so excuse me while i take another moment...

i am home with my sniffling son whose eyes are only slightly less red than the eye of katrina. he's suffering with pink eye and home from school today. my children are hilarious. i assured my skeptic of a son that the doctor said he didn't need to come in. but he who trusts my mothering skill but questions my judgement in this case, is still begging to go, but i am almost certain it's mostly for the post-visit sticker reward. he finally resolved that the best alternative medicine would be for me to print out shark pictures from the internet for him. not love. not kisses. not chicken soup, cough syrup, candy-tasting throat drops or echinechea, but shark pictures. hmmm...

as much as i want to blog all day, my body longs for the sleep it wasn't able to get last night. i had better catch as many naps as i can today while the raccoon trapped in the attic is sleeping. it's like having a newborn only not cute at all and not worth the hours its nocturnal ass spends interrupting my nightly sleep.

ok, i'm hooked... i'll sleep after this episode of "a different world." i had forgotten how good that show was. right now, freddie is consoling a little orphan boy who, once again, wasn't considered at the adoption fair. I LOVE CABLE! they don't make sitcoms like this anymore.

so, for now, i'm hoping professor randolf and his wife really get to adopt alex, that whitley and duane get together and that some show like this shows up again in my lifetime. fat chance though... it's a different world than when it was on before.

my son if huffing. on to the shark pictures...

shia

3 comments:

Amanda Johnston said...

Kids, they come with the good the bad and the gooey. Kiss his forehead and everything will be alright. Speaking of alright, I got my last check from CDI today. Hear that? It was the sound of me moving on and focusing on my NEW job...finally.

Love, luv, wuv,
Amanda

still grooven said...

yes, he got plenty of mommy love. my daughter sees it and now complains that her throat hurts. i told her she can have love without being sick. but she's still complaining. lordy-lordy. KAH-CHING! no roads to travel girl. i hope you find time/space to pamper yourself a lil. you deserve it. THRIVE, girl! thrive!

abrazos y besos,
shia
ps-you gotta come by. the apt. is looking better and better. like i actually live here now. ;-)

jameri said...

thank you sista-gurl! so good of you to add us to your prayers. as you know, katrina didn't want no reggae and curried goat... she wanted some jazz and jambalaya!

(and naim, baby-boy, shark pictures would make me feel better, too!)