Tuesday, September 27, 2005

i want sombody to walk up behind me
and kiss me on my neck!

"...Been such a long time
I forgot that I was fine
Just kiss me on my neck
and breathe on my neck
I want somebody
to walk up behind me
And kiss me on my neck
and breathe on my neck..."
--erykah badu


life has been overwhelmingly busy these days. my mother is settling in wonderfully, loving up the grandkids and giving me the kind of love and support middle children dream of. austin has been good to her so far, save the lack of black folks and the 100+ degree heat that sorely affects her “pressure.” not to mention subjecting her to riding in our reliable though ac-less “black beauty.” i keep trying to hold out on paying the nearly $200 they tell me it'll cost to get the ac fixed but i am relying on the hope that fall is actually coming soon. (it is september, right?) then i remembered that we are in austin. sheesh!

i am gearing up for my birthday and parties this weekend. for sweet, sweet starters, my daughter and her friends (and my son--by proxy) decided they wanted to throw me a swim/sleepover party on friday night. i am suspiciously thinking though, that it is a party for them disguised under the candles of my birthday celebration. either way, it’s very cute and extremely thoughtful of them. (i am certain my daughter has a career in production or party planning in her future. she’s been making lists for the past several days as not to forget anything.) in our pre-divorce family tradition, i, as the birthday person, will get breakfast in bed, made especially by her and her brother (and friends) on saturday morning (my actual birthday). at 11, i depart for my mani/pedi/facial appointment and begin the journey to the grown folks bash at the end of the evening. i never thought i’d be this excited about turning 35!

all for now. just checking in. i miss this space. it, for now, is the kiss on my neck that reminds me that life is fine.

1 comment:

tia said...

Hey, sista!!! I just found your blog via Nina via Pam and I am too delighted to have found you again. I will have to write you privately now that I have what I think is your yahoo address (same as your IM screen name, right?). If I can't reach you that way, though, I will be back. Well, I'll be back anyway. lol {{HUG}}