Friday, December 30, 2005


5-4-3-2-1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
should old acquaintence be forgot... or at least forgiven in the new year!!!

well, we made it... another year and hopefully we are all wiser; learned all of the lessons of 2005 well enough that we won't have to experience them again. as per my usual, i am writing out my goals for the new year. and i will be better this time (i promise myself) so that by december next year, i won't do my annual scramble in the last 30 days to complete the list of things i failed to do in the eleven months prior. (i am wiser now... right?) admittedly, many of the goals are similar, if not identical to last year's. lose 10 pounds (guess i didn't learn that lesson well enough). read more. create better habits (well, i think i did this one but i also acquired a few new habits that i will have to unlearn this year... hence... lose 10 pounds... again.) save more, spend less. exercise more. curse less (unless it REALLY hurts). love myself, and anyone in an arm's length radius of my heart, impeccably. play with my children more. yell less. (they are going to need to help me out a bit on that one.) compliment people more. self-depricate less. BLOG MORE (we'll see, though i hope you will check in now and again as my PLAN is to write once a week... hmmm...) write, write, write... and did i say write? overall, i can at the least very exhale as i survived the year, which is a triumph in itself considering "we were never meant to survive" anyway, per audre lorde. so i am moving into 2006 one breath, one moment at a time. present and focused. with faith and belief. with laughter. with engines on full blast. it's about time, right?

with no sweetie bubu around to kiss when the clock strikes 2006, the girlz and i have yet to figure out what we are going to do for our new year's eve celebration. i am certain, however, that plenty inhibriants and dancing will be involved. hopefully no dick clark or BET, which would mean we are in the house and missing out on putting on our flyest gear, strolling on 6th in weather far too warm for december, and enjoying what it means to be alive. okay, not that you can't do that in a house coat, in front of the tv with a beer and a bowl of popcorn because sometimes, that's what being alive means in the moment... i'm just saying.


my life filled up this past year with a lot of new wonderful, beautiful new friends (big love to all and to chrysalis). but i feel like i lost a few, too, which pains my heart. or, maybe they aren't lost but they have certainly transitioned for reasons i am not in touch with in the moment of this writing. but i pray they have forgiving hearts for whatever failings i've had in our friendships as i continue to love them through their imperfections as well. i am merciful with myself and patient; prayerful that when our paths cross again, it will be love all the same. i am breathing through it all.

so my beauti-mous, wonder-licious peoples, i bid you and 2005 adieu. i wish you well in 2006. may you find love, wisdom and joy in every moment.

abrazos y besos,
shia SHABAZZ

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual you hae managed to inspire me. You are a truly beaustiful person...continue to groove butterfly.

Jus Me

Amanda Johnston said...

You go girl. I guess you and the ladies won't make it by my house party, but make sure if you step out downtown that you step HARD!

Wiggle with it!

Love and Happy New Year,
Manda Manda

Amanda Johnston said...

You go girl. Guess you and the ladies won't be stopping my little house party, but if you are going to step out on 6th street make sure you step HARD! I mean, wiggle with it!!

Mad Love and Happy New Year,
Manda Manda

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy New Year! Thanks for sending me the link to your blog, i look forward to hearing your thoughts. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Shia! xo

Waset - writer.truthseeker.part-time security guard said...

So I just happened to stumble upon this blog through another blog and I screamed out loud, "SHIA"! I started to go into a rendition of "Hey Tuskegee" but I decided against it. Anyway, I have talked to about 10 of our Tuskegee pals tonight so I think it's only apropos that I found you after hanging up with them.

By the way, in case you're wondering who I am, you'll have to write me back to find out.

Much love and success in 2006,
WASET

Tuskegee University - Freshman C/O 1988