Wednesday, December 21, 2005

SHABAZZ, fa-evah, fa-evah-evah, fa-evah-evah...

i keep trying to post pics of me in my profile, so we'll see if this one works. (if not, i got a bone ta pick wit dat girl from jamaica... jameri! this pic is from the graduation ceremony at my beloved Cave Canem.

oh! and i guess i can do a quick update... i'm FINALLY DIVORCED... (again)! for those of you just tuning in, i thought the deed was done in july, only for it to be revoked and retried and... ahhhh... I'm exhaling again. and please don't get it twisted. this joy is about the rigor of the last year. sure i believe in marriage and that it can work when the right two souls meet. i have two of the most beautiful children you will ever meet and i believe i am absolutely a better person because if the years i spent in my marriage. but everything has it's time and space in the universe. for now, for this time... this space... suffice it to say that i feel like diana ross as dorothy in "the wiz" when she and michael jackson first start down the yellow brick road. remember her skip... how her arms flailed above her head? that's me right now. a girlfriend of mine and i laugh and quote andre 3000 ('fa-evah, fa-evah-evah, fa-evah-evah?!?!") yes, this time it's forever! i am free to unapologetically be ME! and all is right with the world again. i am glad to have closure before the start of the new year.

rounding out last week, i completed 2 submissions... one for Borderlands Poetry Journal and the other for the Tribeca All Access Film Program. last year, my screenplay MARMALADE, landed a finalist position. prayers and good energy into the universe for this year's entry, AWAKENING APRIL. stay tuned...

abrazos y besos,
shia SHABAZZ ... fa-evah, fa-evah-evah, fa-evah-evah!!!

5 comments:

tia said...

Yayyyyyy!!! Congrats on the deal being done! (I'M JEALOUS! LOL) Found out today mine is postponed till January 10th. :( But I'm so happy for ya!! I feel your joy, and I co-sign with emphasis on Shabazz Fa-Evah Fa-Evah-Evah!

tia said...

Oh, and that pic is so cuuuuuute! Got me over here just a-smilin' back atcha. lol

Amanda Johnston said...

Congratulations, mama! Now, walk with the knowledge of self - S.H.A.B.A.Z.Z.!!! Viva, Shia SHABAZZ!

Luv,
Manda Manda

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE-YYIII-YAAYYY! It's been a loooonnnnggggg journey but you saw it thru! Congratulations! And, now that that's over, I can't wait to see how you decide to f"ly" now!! There's is nothing in your way!!! With all my love, support, and blessings, it's now your time to do YO' thang!! Fa-Evah, Fa-Evah-Evah!!

Bestest......
Chawa

jameri said...

hey! Hey! HEY!! i'm so happy for ya! ooh, looks like 2006 will begin in a beautiful way for you!!